There is some benefit to waking up in the middle of the night with a baby. For example, I brainstorm life-coaching experiences like this one.
I don’t know about you, but I find it helpful to resolve who I want to be instead of what I want to do. After all, who I am determines what I do and how I do it.
Consider investing in a 1-hour personal retreat to think about these questions as you prepare for a meaningful year:
1. How do I want to feel this year? (Try to create a list of 5 accurate words. If you need help coming up with something, ask yourself, “How do I want to feel in my relationship with God? How do I want to feel at home? With my friends? At work?)
2. What do I need to do in order to feel that way? (Next to each feeling, list 1 – 3 things that need to be a part of your lifestyle in order to fuel the feeling you desire.)
3. How do I want other people to feel because of me?
4. What do I want other people to do because they’ve been with me?
5. How, then, shall I live this year?
Here’s to your beautiful year! What a wonderful gift from God.