1. That I got my hair cut!
(And I learned to stand with one hand on my hip if ever on the *end cap* of a photo. You know how the person on the end always looks like they have a thicker arm than they really do? Be the proactive end cap! If you are being photographed with a group of people and you are on the end, pop your elbow out to flatter your arm a bit more. Hey, why not?)
2. That we have an amazing young woman living with us for the summer!
Meet Ashley, a former student of mine from Grace Prep. Ashley’s an intern for Pure Freedom this summer. When we found out that she needed a place to stay for the summer, we snatched her up right away. She’s joyful, more child-friendly than Chuck E. Cheese, and helpful. We love having her around!
3. That I received my first-ever blog award from Sarah at Like a Warm Cup of Coffee!
This award is “dedicated to many who nourish and enrich the spirit and creativity. They see dedication, creativity, camaraderie, joy and above all, ART, much art. I wish that this prize is entertaining to all those bloggers and to bloggers who day by day share this space and enrich it a little more each day.” ~Arte Y Pico
So, I pass the award on to a selection of artists, each one of whom specializes in a particular slant of art…
1. Jan at All Full Up on Crazy
Breath of Fresh Air Art.
Through her blog, you will suddenly long for a shopping spree, find the beauty in the incredible decorations she is choosing for her knock-out home, and fall in love with her gorgeous sons. (Also, a special recognition to this high school friend who inspired me to blog in the first place.)
2. June Fuentes at A Wise Woman Builds Her Home
Enrich The Spirit Art.
Enjoy June’s generosity of inspiring music, gorgeous artwork, and enriching posts about loving people well.
3. Heidi at Mt. Hope Chronicles
Make a Chair, Hang a Frame, Take a Photo Art.
If Heidi doesn’t inspire you to beautify your life with your own bare hands, I don’t know who will.
4. Crystal at Money Saving Mom
Buy it for Less Than $0.37 Art.
Until I began reading Crystal’s blog, I didn’t know that frugality is thrilling.
5. The Dervaes Family at Path to Freedom
Eat it Out of Your Front Yard Art.
May we all replace a grass canvas with something that looks more like a vegetable.
Now for the rules:
1) Select 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award, creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter the language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4) The award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico“blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award. (I removed the link because the blog is in Spanish and I have no idea what it says! I don’t want to link you to something that may contain questionable material.)
5) To show these rules.