This afternoon, we enjoyed a delightful tea party in the shade of the lilac bush.
We read encouragement from Ephesians, poetry from Stevenson and Milne, and a chapter in Charlotte’s Web.
Lia kept a British accent and a prim little chin the entire morning. She’s the fanciest farm girl I’ve ever known.
In the basket: Queen Cakes
Ingredients: 1/2 C butter, softened
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. water
1/4 tsp. salt
1 C. flour
1 T. flour
1/4 C. currants or 1/2 C chocolate chips
1. Preheat to 325 and grease the muffin pan.
2. Blend butter and sugar in mixer.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
4. Add vanilla extract, water, and salt. Beat well.
5. Add flour, 1/4 C. at a time, beating well in between each addition.
6. Add currants or chocolate chips.
7. Fill each muffin cup 1/2 full.
8. Bake for 40 min. or until golden brown.